ISR to Publish Energy Statistics Issue
Call for Papers
Ali S. Hadi, International Statistical Review Editor-in-Chief
Papers are being accepted for a special issue of the International Statistical Review (ISR) that focuses on aspects of energy statistics. Carol Joyce Blumberg of the Energy Information Administration and Abdel A. El-Shaarawi of the National Water Research Institute, Canada, will serve as guest editors.
General areas for papers include the following:
- Reviews/surveys of significant developments in theory, methodology, statistical computing, and graphics as related to energy statistics
- Relationships between energy statistics and statistics education
- Emerging areas of research or applications related to energy statistics
- New developments and/or challenges in energy statistics
- History of energy statistics
General topics within energy that are of high interest include the following:
- Measuring the supply and/or consumption of energy
- Forecasting future supply and/or consumption (demand) of energy
- Forecasting future energy prices
- Data quality issues
- Issues related to renewable energy sources statistics
- Measuring environmental effects of energy use
Papers will be refereed and some manuscripts may be supplemented by a discussion and rejoinder. Papers that have been published or accepted for publication in other refereed publications will not be accepted.
Submit papers as either Word or PDF files by January 9, 2011, to Liliana Pinkasovych at email@example.com. Provide a cover letter that indicates the manuscript is for the special issue of ISR on energy statistics. Further instructions can be found at the ISI web site or Wiley InterScience web site.