SSPA Looks Forward to JSM Events
The Section for Statistical Programmers and Analysts (SSPA) is looking forward to being in San Diego, California, and participating in JSM 2012 with continuing education, roundtable discussions, and various presentations on statistical programming in medicine, health care, and finance.
This year, we will have an open social event devoted to our members. Come celebrate our growing group and learn about our newly developed programs and grants opportunity. Enjoy food and beverages, games, and trivia and prizes. Also, meet other SSPA members and officers. Let us know what you would like SSPA to accomplish in the years to come.
Are You a Student?
We have a student travel award to pay the registration fees for students and recent graduates who want to attend an ASA conference. We encourage you to go to the JSM Student Mixer on July 30 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. It is an easy way to meet other students, and one of our officers will be there to answer questions about SSPA and the role of statistical programmers in early-career jobs.
Are You Looking to Sharpen Your Technical Skills?
Attend the following Continuing Education short courses:
- Practical Bayesian Computation
- Simulation and Sampling of Data
- Introduction to Data Visualization and Analysis with R
Are You Working on Regulatory Submission?
Come to the invited session, “CDISC – Marching Ahead by Facing Challenges: A Pharmaceutical Industry Experience.”
Are You Interested in Statistical Programming?
We have the following four contributed sessions on programming methods and career planning:
- Statistical Modeling and Analytical Professionals
- CDISC Data Submission and SAS-Related Applications
- The World of Statistical Analysis Professionals
- Practical Planning for a Statistical Programmers Career in the Pharmaceutical Industry
Are You Free for Breakfast or Lunch?
Our roundtable discussion topics range from CDISC, SDTM, and ADaM to quality assurance to effective communication when blogging:
- One-Button-Builds: From Data to Analysis to Reports
- The Expanding Role of the Statistical Analyst in Trial Design
- Preparing to Share CDISC Data: A Discussion of How to Best Conduct (and Document) Review of SDTM and ADaM Data
- Quality Assurance for Statistical Programming and Analysis
- Writing a Statistical Programming Blog: Strategies for Effective Communication
The SSPA Information Table Is Back
Drop by to say hello, get details about upcoming webinars on technical skills and soft skills (new), travel grants (new), and openings for officers. Our table will be near the JSM registration booths. Consider volunteering to greet people who come to the SSPA information hub; it’s a fun and easy way to serve SSPA.
More About SSPA
Our section was established on January 1, 2009, and has more than 750 members. Our section provides a venue for statistical programmers and analysts to discuss common interests, formulate strategies, share experiences and challenges, offer support, and gain increased awareness of the broader statistical community. If your work involves programming or managing programmers, SSPA is the place for you. Just search on SSPA in the online program to find all our JSM activities.