Q&P Section Plans Exciting Program for JSM 2013
The Quality and Productivity (Q&P) section of the ASA has put together an exciting program for the Joint Statistical Meetings this year. First, there is the invited session, titled “A Decade of Profile Monitoring: What’s Next?” that will cover the research in this area. Other Q&P-sponsored sessions will cover topics in quality control, SPC, multivariate SPC, reliability testing, statistical engineering, and more.
There also will be a special memorial session for Genichi Taguchi. This session will feature speakers who knew him personally, including his own son, Shin Taguchi.
Last, Q&P is sponsoring the following five roundtable events:
- Outlier Testing, led by Thomas Bzik, Air Products and Chemicals
- Perspectives on High-Dimensional Data Analysis, led by S. Ejaz Ahmed, Brock University
- Using Statistical Engineering to Attack Large, Complex, Unstructured Problems, led by Roger Hoerl, Union College
- Achieving Process Excellence Using Design of Experiments, led by Daksha Chokshi, Pratt & Whitney
- Multiple Response Process Optimization Using Process Capability, led by John Peterson, GlaxoSmithKline
Visit the JSM online program for details.