Section Lauds Award Winners
Dylan Small, Publications Officer
The Statistics in Epidemiology (SIE) Section would like to congratulate Tyler van der Weele of Harvard University for his winning paper, “Sufficient Cause Interactions for Categorical and Ordinal Exposures.” He received the 2009 SIE Young Investigator Award during JSM in Washington, DC.
The section also would like to congratulate the following winners of the SIE Graduate Student Travel Award:
- Mike Baiocchi, University of Pennsylvania
- Yu-Jen Cheng, The Johns Hopkins University
- Chongzhi Di, The Johns Hopkins University
- Xiaoyi Gao, North Carolina State University
- Ying Guo, University of Michigan
- Zhaowei Hua, The University of North Carolina
- Arun Krishna, North Carolina State University
- Shih-Yuan Lee, University of Michigan
- Hui Nie, University of Pennsylvania
- Megan Othus, Harvard University
- Sherri Rose, University of California at Berkeley
- Colleen Sitlani, The University of Washington
- Xiaoru Wu, Columbia University
- Yan Zhou, University of Michigan
- Hong Zhu, The Johns Hopkins University
- Hongjian Zhu, University of Virginia
Thanks go to 2009 Section Program Chair Amy Herring for her hard work on the awards competitions. Thanks also go to Elizabeth Brown, Nilanjan Chatterjee, Stephen Cole, David Dunson, Michael Elliott, Stephen Gange, Debashis Ghosh, Yi Li, Bhramar Mukherjee, Philip Rosenberg, Guosheng Yin, Donglin Zeng, and Haibo Zhou for serving on the paper review committee.
Details for the 2010 Young Investigator Award and graduate student travel awards competitions will be announced in December.