Call to Attend SRMS Annual Business Meeting at JSM
John Finamore, SRMS Publications Officer
This year’s SRMS annual business meeting will be held at the Joint Statistical Meetings in San Diego, California, at 6:00 p.m. on August 1. The meeting will be held in Room L of the Sapphire Ballroom in the Hilton Bayfront Hotel; all SRMS members are encouraged to attend.
While the details of the agenda are being developed, the meeting is shaping up to be one you will not want to miss. For those of you who have attended past SRMS business meetings, you should expect the same jolly good time you have experienced in the past. For those first-time SRMS business meeting attendees, here are some topics you can expect to be included on the agenda:
- Introduction of current and incoming officers
- Update on current SRMS activities
- Announcement of student paper and student travel award winners
- Updates from SRMS officers including the treasurer, publications officer, and education officer
- Overview of SRMS involvement at the 2012 JSM including the sponsored sessions, roundtables, and Continuing Education courses
- Preliminary discussions of JSM 2013 plans
- Updates and requests for input from the Council of Sections representatives
- New business
Beverages and light refreshments will be provided. If you have questions about the SRMS annual business meeting, contact SRMS chair, John Czajka, at JCzajka@Mathematica-Mpr.com.