Competition for Best STatistics Education Web (STEW)/Census at School Lesson Rules and Guidance
Write a STEW lesson plan that incorporates data from the Census at School website. The lesson plan should:
- Demonstrate statistics concept(s) from the grades 4–12 curriculum using Census at School data
- Generate excitement about statistics
- Follow the STEW template, GAISE guidelines, and Common Core State Standards
Grand Prize: $500
Silver Medal Prize: $300
Bronze Medal Prize: $200
*The ASA reserves the right to present fewer awards should entries not be of sufficient quality.
Eligibility and Entry Dates
ASA members, K–16 teachers, and students involved in education—undergraduate or graduate—are eligible to enter. Entries are due by July 15, and winners will be announced in October.
Submit a Word version of the completed STEW lesson to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All entries will be considered for publication on the STEW website and Census at School resources website.
Entries will be judged by the STEW editor, STEW associate editors, and U.S. Census at School representatives on the following:
- Completeness of STEW lesson plan (including compliance with the STEW format)
- Originality of the incorporation of Census at School data
- Incorporation of the GAISE guidelines and Common Core State Standards
Additional questions can be directed to Mary Richardson, STEW editor, at email@example.com or (616) 331-3364.